3 Follower
30 Ich folge
JessUnbound

Jess Unbound

I am a princess on the way to my throne...

Ich lese gerade

[ PAPER TOWNS ] BY Green, John ( AUTHOR )Oct-16-2008 ( Hardcover )
John Green
Jennifer Benkau
Bereits gelesen: 210/528 pages
Es
Stephen King, David Nathan

Fallen (Lauren Kate's Fallen Series #1)

Fallen - Lauren Kate Angels are the new mystical creatures that take over the book industry and replace the vampires from the shelves.But while authors try to write new ideas and stories about the winged beings it mostly turns out to be the same old pair of shoe. Young Girl meets unbelievable attractive and handsome boy, falls in love and must stick through great danger to find true love in the end.Unfortunately “Fallen” is not an exception either.Author Lauren Kate manages to start off her story rather fascinating and exciting and gives the reader a good introduction. Lucinda, our main character, has her first day on her new school, Sword & Cross, a boarding school for criminal teens where she meets her crazy, aggressive and partially very pushy new classmates. One of them is Daniel Grigori; a very handsome and mysterious boy to whom Luce feels drawn to without knowing why. And she has the feeling that they must have met before even though she has no idea when and where. She tries everything to get to know more about Daniel and who he really is. She gets a lot of help by classmates Penn, who gives our naive and slow-witted protagonist more than once a heavy push in the right direction. Without her help Luce would´ve never found out about the secrets around Daniel and her past.At one point in the book this following quote is said about Luce:“In this lifetime you´re nothing more than you appear to be: a stupid, selfish, ignorant, spoiled little girl who thinks the world lives or dies on whether she gets to go out with some good-looking boy at school.”And though I tried really hard to like Luce I can´t help but agree with this statement because this is exactly how she acted in the books.Luce transforms from a nice and interesting girl at the beginning of the story to a very passive character that gets every decision made for her and who has never a real influence on the things that happen around her. Plus she is kept away from every big plotline, like the epic battle, which takes away a lot of the motivation to keep on reading. And that´s a shame because “Fallen” has everything a good fantasy novel needs. Undying Love, an epic battle between good and bad, magical creatures and a good dose of sweet and well placed love proclamations. But for some reason it’s just not working here. Maybe because the reader is kept away from most of those things and maybe because every topic is described too shortly and too fickle to give you a good overall picture.At the End a lot of questions are kept open which could be a really clever thing to get you anticipated for the sequel but with “Fallen” it just leaves the reader frustrated and unsatisfied and helpless with too many big question marks over our heads.“Fallen” is a book with a really beautiful cover that could be entertaining to some people for a short while.For Fans of Angels and their mythology “Fallen” is probably a big disappointment.