3 Follower
30 Ich folge
JessUnbound

Jess Unbound

I am a princess on the way to my throne...

Ich lese gerade

[ PAPER TOWNS ] BY Green, John ( AUTHOR )Oct-16-2008 ( Hardcover )
John Green
Bereits gelesen: 210/528 pages
Es
Stephen King, David Nathan

Crash Into Me

Crash Into Me - Albert Borris "Crash into Me" is a story about 4 teenagers that struggle with life and are seriously suicidal. They met over the internet and decided to go on a road trip together. Each of them chooses 1 destination, one famous person that kills themself, one grave they want to visit. The trip ends in Death Valley, where they decided to commit group suicide.This is a story with a very serious topic and a very disturbing way of thinking but I think it is a story that gets you thinking about the value of life and whether it is really necassary to think that suicide is the only way out.Though I admire the story and the way it is told, I also have a lot of problems with it.I thought it was nice that the author wrote it out of the perspective of this young teenager Owen, because it shows how naive his thoughts are and how he just doesn´t know better. The way it was writte made the story somehow lifeless and definitely depressing though sometimes I missed emotions... But maybe that was intentional.Sometimes the road trip bored me. Sometimes I hated the way the characters were. Sometimes I disliked the hole story and sometimes I just couldn´t stop reading.I gave it 3.5 stars because it was a nice book to a very sensitive topic that was sometimes good sometimes not but still a good read.