3 Follower
30 Ich folge
JessUnbound

Jess Unbound

I am a princess on the way to my throne...

Ich lese gerade

[ PAPER TOWNS ] BY Green, John ( AUTHOR )Oct-16-2008 ( Hardcover )
John Green
Jennifer Benkau
Bereits gelesen: 210/528 pages
Es
Stephen King, David Nathan
Alica - Bernhard Hennen Young Alica stands all alone at the train station and waits for her grandparents but no one comes to pick her up. She sets off all alone and through the rain to the old manor where her grandparents live. But no one seems to be home so Alica starts to discover the big, old house all on her own und has no clue that she already stepped into the middle of an eerily beautiful Fairytale of another type.A secret attic in which the ghost of a hawk does his mischief, goblins who only use modern technology to find and banish all magical creatures in our world and a beautiful young man from the 18th century that haunts the upstairs bathroom and swears his undying love for Alica. She finds it hard to believe where she brought herself into. She just wanted to spend the Christmas holiday with her grandparents, far away from the rest of her family and now she has to discover that nothing is as it seems in her grandparent’s house. Could this even be true?And so starts an adventurous journey through the German Eifel, through a magical world called “Nebenan” (could be translated “next door”) and through time even to find the reason for this spook and why there is a French hussar that thinks he is in love with her.Bernhard Hennen is known for his powerfully eloquent writing but he seemed to be holding back in this story. Still it is a beautiful and with lots of love written story that gets 4 of 5 stars from us.Alica is a a perfect dream of a story, full of magic and fantasy embed into a fairytale like and picturesque writing that enchants the reader and makes this book to an unforgettable reading experience for young and old.